Pre & Postnatal Fitness
Starting a fitness program or maintaining one before, during or after pregnancy can be immensely beneficial. Not only for your physical fitness, but for your mental and emotional fitness. Not to mention potential positive impacts to babies health as well. So long as you are not contraindicated to do so, investing in pre & postnatal fitness activities can be one of the best things you can do for your overall health and well-being. We have 2 primary exercise options for our Moms and Mamas-to-be.
1. We offer in-person pre & postnatal training sessions in our private studio specific to your journey as your body moves from preparing for pregnancy, through all trimesters and into the postnatal phase once baby is here! Unless your doctor has told you specifically not to exercise, you will receive guidance that’s safe and effective for you by training with Tamara, a certified Pre & Postnatal Fitness Specialist with over 6 years experience working with other moms. She also has 2 little ones of her own. Pricing for personal training varies and we ask you contact us so we can address your needs accurately.
Depending on your fitness levels while pregnant, there may also be a suitable class you can take. Please contact us to discuss this.
2. Alternatively, if your baby has arrived and you are at least 6 weeks postpartum you can join other moms and come workout with your baby or toddler. See our Mums & Bubs Postnatal Fitness Class for more information.
Benefits to Pre & Postnatal Fitness Training
There is the potential for so many positive impacts from exercising during these phases. Below are just few:
- Receive guidance on exercises appropriate for you and your current fitness levels
- Adapt workouts more timely when changes occur in trimesters and postpartum demands
- Improved posture and circulation
- Increased strength and mindset to better respond to changes in centre of gravity, joint laxity and body enlargements
- Lower chances of insomnia
- Potential for mom and baby to handle the physical stress of the birthing process
- Faster recovery and healing time from the birth process
- Change in environment to bond with your baby
- Meet and socialize with other new moms
- Reduced stress and depression
- Increased strength to handle all the equipment that comes with having a baby (car seat, strollers, carriers and more)
- Constant supervision ensures correct technique and reduced chance of injury
- Ensures you work to your ability – not too much, not too little
- All instruction is provided by a certified Pre & Postnatal Fitness Specialist